Really Quick and Tasty Chili
This is not your typical everyday chili so I must warn you before you start that if you are expecting a slow roasted chili that cooks all day then this is not the chili for you. This chili might not even fit into the typical chili recipe column, but regardless it is a chili. In our house we are not crazy about beans so this chili works out great and we garnish it to dress it up a bit so it almost comes out more like a party dip than a dinner, but dont let that fool you. This chili is filling!
1½-2 Ibs ground beef (substitute according to diet and taste)
½ onion diced
Jarred Jalepenos (or fresh, remember this is an easy meal)
1 large can Diced Tomatoes
1 small can Tomatoes and Chilies
1 pack - Chili-O powder Chili Mix (Yellow Package made by Frenchs)
1 Package of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Bag of Lime Tostitos
1. Brown your ground beef in a frying pan/skillet.
2. Chop your onions (while meat is browning).
3. Once meat is browned, drain and return to skillet.
4. Now add both cans of tomatoes (diced and tomatoes with chilies)
5. Now add the Chili-O mix.
6. Turn your heat to medium or just below half power and let the chili boil.
7. You will start to see the liquid that boils up turn an orange color. Mix that liquid back down and around the mixture.
8. This recipe can cook for a good 10-15 minutes and it is considered done and can be removed from the heat or you can let it simmer. Regardless it will taste the same as cooking times do not really make a difference with taste.
9. Now scoop this chili up into your serving bowls and top it with the onions, jalapenos, and cheese. Mix it all up so the cheese melts and you have yourself one tasty chili! Eat with a spoon or use those lime chips to scoop it out.
This recipe is so packed with flavor and is so easy to make that it is sure to make the weekly rounds at your dinner table as it has ours. You can add your own garnished if you like including beans if you absolutely have to have them. I would even recommending taking this recipe to get togethers as a dip. Enjoy!
Lenore & Gregory Huskey - We are a quickstart company founded in 2005 and have deemed ourselves as truly trying to start a company on as little as possible. We first started out with a few funny shirt ideas, but quickly changed direction to sell Flag Shirts representing over 180 different countries. Our website is http://www.flagpridet-shirts.com